It's Valentine's Day after all. And while it may be a huge Hallmark holiday, it's also an opportunity to show the one we love how much we care about them.
For us, that will likely be a bit of dark chocolate and probably some ice cream from Love's in the Downtown Market. What will you do to celebrate your favorite person?
Well, if you're not sure, I thought I'd put together a post of a few ideas on how to make your special person feel special that aren't the typical "box of chocolates" or "dinner at a nice restaurant", even though there's nothing wrong with those.
Without further ado:
1. Cook dinner together. We love cooking together! Even simple meals are fun to cook together. Pick a recipe, buy the ingredients, put some music on, and get going. You could even bake some cookies to finish the meal off.
2. Adventuring with a camera. Head out with a camera, doesn't matter what kind, and find places you've never been. Take pictures of each other, random things you find, pretend to be a street photographer. When you're done, make a book with pictures to remember your adventure!
3. Hiking. Go on a winter hike. Sure, it's cold out there but if you bundle up a winter hike is incredibly fun and refreshing. It's a cool way to enjoy winter and see the scenery in a way you probably haven't. Don't forget to take pictures while you're out!
4. Coffee Shop Hopping. Love coffee? So do we. That's why this one can be so incredibly fun! Figure out some of the best coffee shops in your area and stop at as many as you can... Sure you might get jittery but it'll be fun! You can always switch to decaf, too. It's a great way to try some new places.
5. Game Night. Who said Valentine's Day had to be for just the two of you? Why not have a double date and invite your lovebird friends? Everyone could bring a dish to pass and their favorite game and you could have a lot of laughs!
So, whether or not you use these ideas, I hope you get out there and show your significant other how much they mean to you.